2/8/10

Here's What's Wrong With the World

My good friend, Nancy, was waiting for her mom at the hospital.  Instead of worrying about the situation, she took comfort in working on her bible study (Beth Moore's "Believing God").  A man sitting near her was apparently so disgusted with the fact that my friend had a bible with her, that he got up and moved away.

Were I in that situation, I may have suggested one of the following statements to the man:

1. "A good thing you moved, sir. Apparently, this spirituality stuff is contagious."

2. "Don't worry sir, you have a better chance of catching H1N1 than to be open-minded enough to read the bible yourself."

 3. "Sir, next time you watch the news and wonder 'what's wrong with the world,' remember this moment."

4."Honey, you can move as far away from me as you want, but Jesus is still sitting in your lap waiting for you to acknowledge Him!"

5.  Stick out your hand and scream, "God is who he says he is; God can do what he says he can do; I am who God says I am; I can do all things through Christ, God's word is alive and active in me.  I'm believing God...punk!"

...and that's all I  have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?